(Original Post Date: July 13, 2010)
Last week, I posted my Rustic Blueberry Tart recipe… which was inspired by rock bottom blueberry prices at the local market.
If you find yourself with a surplus of blueberries, you might also try these blueberry muffins. There are perfect for breakfast, warm – right out of the oven. Use a silicone muffin pan if you have one, and these muffins will pop right out of the pan.
Fresh Blueberry Muffins:
- 2 3/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 c. plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 12 oz. blueberries (2 packages)
- sugar for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
3. Combine the sugar, oil, vanilla, lemon zest, egg, and yogurt. Mix together until uniform.
4. Poor the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix very gently, until just combined. (Do not over-mix)
5. Stir in the blueberries.
6. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan. Divide the batter among the 12 cups. Sprinkle the tops of each with decorating sugar.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove promptly, and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.