Here’s a quick and easy dessert… very popular in South-East Asia: Avocado Milkshake! Just throw 3 ingredients into a blender with some crushed ice, and about 30 seconds later, voila!
To people unfamiliar with avocado flavored desserts, trust me – it’s delicious and not at all strange; avocado is a fruit, after all! You can also make this shake with bananas, mangoes, or even pineapple!
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk (about 7 oz.)
- 1 medium avocado (Hass variety preferred)
- 1 1/2 c. crushed ice
- 1/2 c. milk (more if thinner consistency desired)
- blender (I use a Blendtec Blender)
1. Put the avocado, sweetened condensed milk, crushed ice, and milk in the jar of a blender. (If you want a thinner consistency, you can add 1/2 c. – 1 c. more milk later.)
2. Process for 20 seconds, then scrape down the sides. Process another 20-40 seconds until blended and smooth.
3. Serve in glass cups. (This recipe, as written, produces a soft serve ice cream like texture; if you prefer your shake thinner, add more milk and blend a few seconds more before pouring into the cups.) Makes 2 large servings (to fill drinking glasses), or 4 smaller servings (serve in smaller cups or bowls). Enjoy immediately!